
Dear Husband of Mine,
Thank you for being so wonderful. I love to hear the squeals of the kids when you arrive home each day and the pitter patters of their feet running to greet you at the front door. You're always so excited to see them. You even let them listen to your Conference Talks on your iPod upon your arrival each and every afternoon at their request.
Only a Daddy would do that.
I love it when you watch my little shows with me. American Idol probably isn't your first choice of television shows, but you were still excited to watch it with me. Only a Husband would do that.
I love to hear their laughter as you wrestle them on the floor while I finish up dinner in the afternoon. I know you're exhausted and it would be much more enjoyable to take a breather on our bed while you wait to fill your belly. Their laughter carries with it all the joys of being a child. Only a Daddy would do that.
I loved it when you arrived back home after 5 long days in Denver. I know you were exhausted and deserved a backrub, but you immediately kissed me and then dropped your bags and rubbed my leathery feet. Only a Husband would do that.
I love it how before you go to bed at night, you always tiptoe into the kids' room "just to check on them" and give them a little kiss on the forehead. You worry that D will be cold without any pajamas on his little body and that K isn't under her covers. Only a Daddy would do that.
I love it how even after 7 3/4 years of marriage, the "Happy Anniversary" game is still going. The 28th day of each and every month since July 2000 has been celebrated in one way or another. I'm still winning, by the way....but I'll admit you're making a comeback lately. Only a Husband would do that.
I love it how you sing "The Wiseman song" and "Follow the Prophet" for the billionth time during Family Home Evening. It's D and K's favorite songs after all. You make it special every single time. Only a Daddy would do that.
I love it after we have the kids in bed for the night and I look at the heaping pile of laundry I need to fold, the massive heap of dishes that needs to be washed, and the toys that cover the floor so abundantly that you can't tell what color our carpet is...you say, "Don't worry about it. Just go relax." And then you do it all for me. Only a Husband would do that.
I love it how when the kids don't want to eat their dinner for the umpteenth time, you sit by them and poke, prod, and play airplane until they eat just one bite. And then for the second bite, the negotiating power comes sneaking in. Then even though they only ate two whole bites of the whole meal, you throw them a party like it's 1999 all in the name of not going to bed hungry. Only a Daddy would do that.
I love you.
1 comment:
So Sweet. I had no idea you were such a good writer.
Post a Comment