Monday, May 26, 2008

Our Terrific Top 10 Reasons why we Loved this Magnificent Memorial Day!

#1...I got to spend the whole, entire day with my handsome husband and beautiful children.
#2...On the way to Greensboro, we had to make a quick nursing pitstop for C. Lucky for us, that pitstop came right about the time we got to the strawberry patch. So, who could resist picking a few strawberries on the fly?!?


#3...D got to sit on Grampy's coveted


#4...K got to play dress-up all day long (and she even had a Grammy who played along with her!) I believe the Wicked Witch gave Snow White a poisoned apple nearly 100 times today. :)
#5...S and I went through every single box in my parent's attic. We not only got that whole place organized (and ready to move in 49 weeks!), but we got rid of a couple hundred pounds of "stuff".
#6...We got to grill out! Who would turn down grilled hamburgers, fries, and corn on the cob...WITH fresh strawberries!
#7...D got to play fetch with Flame the dog all day long!
#8...K and D were excited to get to watch a movie in the car. It's been wonderful without television, but they did welcome the opportunity to each choose 1 movie. K chose Snow White and D chose Elmo in Grouchland.
#9...I always love the drive to my parents house because S and I get to talk the whole way there and back. Today's topic of choice...our big dreams of owning a house with enough land for a huge garden and orchard with fruits and vegetables abounding all summer, canning and freezing those fruits and vegetables to sustain us most of the year, and all of the other wonderful thoughts of living as providently as we can!
#10...K and D LOVE having a yard to play in, complete with a dog, swingset, slide, bouncing horse, tree swings, sandbox, and 2 full acres of grass to run around on until their little legs can barely carry them anymore.

The day is done. Pure Bliss.

2 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Your memorial day sounds just about like ours!!

Angelfish said...

Ha, Ha! we spent Memorial day picking strawberries too! My first try making fruit leather! I loved your collage of K here and I'm trying to figure out how to do it in Picassa for our strawberry patch photos. Also, like your list.