Leaps and Bounds!
As I've mentioned several times before, Rest Area is a wonderful sleeper! He was sleeping so much that I was actually a little worried about it....and I even asked his pediatrician, a man in whom I have great trust, about it. He assured me that nothing was wrong and that he just needed a lot of rest to grow as fast as he's been growing (he's now up to about 17.5 pounds and will be only 3 months on Tuesday).
Since he sleeps so much, he really hasn't had much social interaction experience. So, his smile was delayed and when he did smile, it was few and far between. He didn't coo much...and he didn't laugh.
Well...I am excited to report that this week has brought about leaps and bounds of social improvement! While we were at my mom's this week, the smiles were abundant, his eye to eye gaze was captivating, and his laugh brings out his dimples so brightly!
And...that's not all! For whatever reason, none of my three kids have ever been into a baby swing. They love, love, love an outdoor swing, but not an indoor baby swing. But, they love bouncers! We've now been through 3 bouncers in 3 kids. The one that we had for Green Light bit the dust recently and we were lucky enough to buy one from a friend this week.
Rest Area has found

He loves this new one with such fun toys that he can grab. The rattles, dings, and bells really

But if you asked him and he could talk, I think he'd tell you that kicking his legs to make it bounce is really


He loves this new one with such fun toys that he can grab. The rattles, dings, and bells really

But if you asked him and he could talk, I think he'd tell you that kicking his legs to make it bounce is really

That's my boy!
4 comments:
He's such a cute little chunk! I'm glad I got to meet him and see your other kids this past week (along with you, too, of course)!
Wow. Rest Area really is quite the chunker. We're moving in 2 weeks. After two months of being in limbo, it will be very nice. :)
I wish I could come out there and hold him. He looks so cute and cuddly. Give him a kiss from grandma.
So glad that you're starting to see the whites of his eyes and his smiling face more often. I can't get over how big he is. What a great work out for your arms! :)
Post a Comment