Monday, June 2, 2008

Secrets of the Trade

I've always had a fascination with tradition. After all, I believe that TRADITION has it's hand in making memories and shaping a close knit family. little traditions. Big Traditions. They're all the same. They all work to the same end.

Birthday Secrets of the Trade...
The number of friends you invite to your birthday extravaganza is equal to the year you are turning.

It is nearly impossible to surprise me. I love surprises, but I somehow always manage to find out about them. Once I know a surprise is brewing, I can't keep my mind off of it until I've figured out the puzzle. Some people become very perturbed by this trait of mine.

Somehow, S surprised me last year on my birthday. It was great, but I truly was surprised! This year, he couldn't pull that off again. Instead, he badgered me for days until I relented and agreed to have a party...it's the last birthday I'll have in this ward with these friends in this town. What better reason to celebrate then?

I'll admit, I never really thought the birthday party guest rule applied to me as an adult. But as coincidence would have it, there were 27 guests in attendance at my bash (that's kids included. My main hangup on a party was this...I couldn't invite everyone that I'd like to. Oh well, maybe next time we find a reason to party.)

No comments: