A busy, busy blue bee
I love Saturdays! It's got to be the one of the best days of the week. The other 6 are my favorites for other reasons, but I love Saturdays when Straight Arrow doesn't have to work. Saturdays when we get up and at 'em early so as to not waste a single moment of the wonderful day. Saturdays when we have some fun plans as a family. Saturdays when we can take a midday siesta. Saturdays when we deep clean our home. Just being together makes it just so great!
Of the next 10 Saturdays, Straight Arrow works 7 of them. Let's move on. I won't think about that for now. On to today.....!
We got up bright and early, raced to beat the heat just to score a big bucket of these

It was an hour well spent!
We all stayed very busy...
Straight Arrow was busy picking and holding

Roundabout was busy holding the bucket that she says was just too

Green Light was busy shoveling berries into his

I was busy

It was an hour well spent!
We all stayed very busy...
Straight Arrow was busy picking and holding

Roundabout was busy holding the bucket that she says was just too

Green Light was busy shoveling berries into his

I was busy

As I carried our bag of berries back to the van to go home, I was bummed that we didn't get very many. 5 pounds didn't sound like much to me after the 20 pounds of strawberries we picked just a few short weeks ago.
Little did I know, I would stay be a busy blue bee all day with 5 pounds of blueberries. I've made everything I daydreamed of: fresh blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberry syrup, 5 jelly jars of blueberry freezer jam, blueberry muffins, blueberry cheesecake for tomorrow's lucky guests, blueberry cheesecake ice cream, and we still have more blueberries...and lots of them! Anyone want to share a favorite blue recipe?
It's been a very blueautiful day!
4 comments:
Liz Mecham's Blueberry Cornbread Muffins in the ward cookbook is fantastic.
So much fun.
I love blueberry picking, reminds me of when I used to pick them in Arkansas. Last time I went with the kids, we were eating blueberries forever!! Good hunting finding more yummy recipes.
Wow, you guys are gonna be blueberried out! And I didn't know your blog address--thanks for sharing. It's super cute.
Post a Comment