Sunday, July 6, 2008

my duties as a mother.

Tonight, I got to play nurse. If only I had those cute little caps and a darling fitted white nursing smock, I would have really fit the bill. Those shoes, I think I can live without them.

(In all actuality, being a real-live nurse in a hospital would be the most despicable job in my opinion. After giving birth three times, I have made sure to thank the nurses who watch over me in care. But as for being my kid's nurse, I'm cool with that.)

A nurse's job is a busy one for sure. Take temperature, check. Give tylenol, checkity. Wipe forehead with a cool, damp cloth, checkity check. Rock to sleep and hope that tomorrow is a better day, checkity check check.

We'll check on the little girl patient bright 'n' early tomorrow morning. Hopefully, she's as good as new!

No comments: