Folks...
First of all, I survived the First Day of being a Kindergartener's Mom! But more importantly, Miss Roundabout not only survived it, but she did it all the while bouncing off the walls with excitement, grace, and ease! Now, may I ask: Why in the world did she put me through such a dramatic summer of crying nearly every day, begging me to not send her to Kindergarten, and refusing to go? After all, when she arrived home this afternoon (by the bus of all modes of transportation that she had refuted!), she announced to me that this was, "The BEST day of her whole life!!!"
Now for a few minute details. When Straight Arrow went to wake her up this morning at 6:30am, she popped up and said, "Oh Dad, I've already been awake for an hour and a half!" You know how it is; restless sleeping the night before school. I'd just barely checked on her a few minutes prior and she was not awake. True to style, she dilly dallied her way through the morning; finishing her seven morning 'chores': morning prayer, brushing hair, brushing teeth, eating breakfast, clearing the table, getting dressed, and making her bed. She barely finished in time...that girl loves to talk! Hurricane Faye has graciously dropped a load of rain on us the past few days and this morning, it was pouring! Straight Arrow didn't need to be to school until a little later and so he rode with us to drop her off. Sadly for me, instead of me getting to take her to her class on the very first day of school, she wanted Daddy to. I armed him with the camera and they set off into the wide, wide world.
A side note on the attire: She has been dressing herself and choosing her own clothes now for a long while. When we went out for a little school shopping, she firmly insisted that she will not be wearing shorts or pants this year. Only dresses or skirts, please.

I watched the clock like a hawk on my First Day as a Kindergarteners Mom. I knew exactly when she went to lunch and finished lunch, when she was having art, when school was dismissed, and then the long awaited hour for the

She talked my ear off for the hour before she went to ballet this afternoon. Her memory is so precise; she remembers ever detail of every interaction, of every conversation, of every situation. And when I asked her if she wanted to go back tomorrow she said, "You already know that answer!! YES!!"




9 comments:
Yay! I'm glad she had fun her first day. She looked so cute!
I'm glad she had a good day. That 1st one can determine the whole school year. My oldest went through an "only dresses" phase. My problem came when her little sister refused to wear dresses except for Sunday and I was stuck buying new clothes.
It took me a while to realize that you put the green writing on the first picture and I thought to myself....they wrote that on the school wall? :) Glad she had a good time, I'm sure she'll be super smart and do great.
By the way I made my blog public (not sure I ever told you) so you are welcome to check it out if you want.
HOORAY!! I am glad to hear that she loved it! I would love to hear a recording of her play by play. I know her teacher would appreciate it, too! :) I am also glad to hear that you survived.
Oh yeah, BTW..most of my little kindergarten girls liked wearing dresses everyday too. (As a teacher who sat in front of them during circle time and watched them swing from the monkey bars with big 2nd grade boys on the playground), I liked to encourage them to wear shorts under their beautiful dresses. Although I am sure little Miss Modesty (Roundabout) has already thought about that. :)
Wow, how exciting! I'm so glad she loves kindergarten! I'm sure it's a huge relief to you, too.
So happy that things are going well. All that anxiety for nothing!! :)
I knew she would love it once she started. I must say you looked so very beautiful like a princess. I cried for several days when her uncle went to school. The first and last are the very hardest.
it makes me want to cry that she is so big. I am glad she had a good first day. I hope Spennys first day off preschool goes that good.
Post a Comment