Sunday, August 31, 2008

Football Season.

It's upon us!
The first game of the season was last night...for BYU and for UNC, in fact! And while we love BYU football, UNC is a good substitute for now. A friend of a friend has Season Tickets and was kind enough to pass them along to us. When he handed us the tickets and we saw that they cost $50 a pop, we could hardly believe that they cost so much!
But that's not all! We got to tailgate too! There's nothing like some good ole' country boy, finger licking, Southern Bojangles fried chicken and biscuits. I opted not to eat, but the rest of our clan indulged themselves. I'm sure they regretted it later when the grease set in.

Football brings back a flood of memories to me. High school football games where I was one of the ones dressed so immaculately in steaming hot, long sleeved uniforms complete with shirt, pants, knee high socks, black shoes, coat, cumber bun, sash, and hat.
It wasn't long after we found our seats and sat down that Green Light started begging to go home because he was "Too Sleepy". We convinced him to stay a little bit longer. We wanted to at least make it until the end of the 1st Quarter. He persisted and kept asking, but Roundabout kept begging to stay. Blame it on the Bojangles, I say. That, combined with the 93 degree heat with some high percentage of humidity, soon made even Roundabout asking to leave with about 2 minutes left in the 1st Quarter. So, we did. Sad, I know...but it was really hot!
By the time we made the mile walk home, the thunder clouds had converged on us and lightening was striking all around. Within minutes of walking through our door, it started down pouring like you wouldn't believe! What a nightmare it would've been to have to walk home in that weather! There ended up being a Flash Flood Warning for over an hour. The game ended up getting delayed for an hour while the storm passed. We'll call that Bojangles, hot and humid weather, and whiny kids a tender mercy. Our kids were very inspired to get us home in time.

By the way, we won (and so did BYU!)

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Kids are so "in-tune" sometimes. Looks like it was still fun.

BTW - I love the apron and the buzz cut for your little one. Little boys hair is so much easier to deal with.

Haylee said...

You know Fall is in the air when school starts up and football is back in season. *happy sigh* Don't you just love it!! I sure do!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Go COUGARS...and UNC I guess.

Stephers said...

The BYU game was a cooker too!

Charlotte said...

wow, you guys are lucky. How fun. Peter is going to a BYU game this weekend with his brothers. In Seattle. At least he'll have fun!!

Kristin Jones said...

You guys got really lucky! Phew!!