Friday, August 1, 2008

having our cake and eating it too.

Ah ha. You're back for installment #2, eh? Wednesday was filled with many of our 'favorites'. We were blessed in so many ways today.

The highlight of the entire trip for the kids was swimming. As soon as they heard that our hotel had a swimming pool, there was no question to them that this would be a great vacation. From the moment we arrived, they were begging to go take a dip in the pool.
They really make some great


The hotel to them was magical although to me, well...it wasn't so swell. Yucky. I prefer my own bed these days with my own carpet to walk on and a bathroom that isn't so public.
But to kids, when given free reign of
life is good.


Rest Area; he came along too. I know he doesn't get much press time sometimes, but he's just so quiet and restful that there often isn't a chance to snap his mugshot.
But this time, in our cramped little hotel room, he was begging for a nap...and since the rest of us were wide awake and jumping on the beds, we opted for a
It worked out marvelously.

As the morning progressed, we checked out of the roach coach and were pleasantly surprised to have been given a 25% discount on the price of that yucky room. Whew, what a blessing! It wasn't worth the price in the first place!

The whole point of our mini-vacation was for Straight Arrow. You see, we've now been married for 8 years. 8 years without a job....and in 9 months from now, he will graduate and we'll be on our way to our first job! So, we were checking out a job prospect here.
He went in with not the highest of hopes, but came out feeling very


I needed to leave the man of the house alone in his new manhole for awhile to scope out the place and get a good feel for it.
Me, in a new city with 3 kids with nothing to do. Yikes. Luckily on our way to the office, I spotted

We love science centers, museums, zoos, and the like! And since I'm a connoisseur of these types, this one ranked in the top! It was a great science center for kids! What a lifesaver for me to pass the day away.

Straight Arrow and I got to have a wonderful lunch together with the doctor we were visiting while the doctor's wife played with the munchkins. It was a great ending to a fun little vacation!

Have I convinced anyone to join us in Hickory yet?!

1 comment:

GFMouse said...

love the nap in the bath...too cute and funny too.