Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pizza Perfect.

Mission accomplished in finding the perfect wheat bread recipe for me.

I've been on the prowl for the perfect homemade pizza crust and pizza sauce. I think we've arrived. I've always dreamed of having Pizza Friday's every Friday. I've imagined my kids coming home from school after a long, hard week and looking forward to pizza and a movie. Maybe I hadn't found the perfect match until now since Roundabout is setting off to the wild, wide world tomorrow (sniff, sniff). But alas, here is the creation.


And since I love to share with you all....

Bread Machine Pizza Dough

1 cup apple juice
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast

DIRECTIONS :
Put apple juice, butter, sugar, salt, flour, and yeast in a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting, and press Start. Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is complete. Roll or press dough to cover a prepared pizza pan. Brush lightly with olive oil. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread sauce and toppings on top of dough. Bake until crust is lightly brown and crispy on the outside, about 24 minutes.
**You can make this without a bread machine, of course.


Exquisite Pizza Sauce

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese. Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sweet! Thanks, I'll have to try it this weekend.

Charlotte said...

Love the pizze recipe. I have been looking for one, so I will give this a try. Just a question- does the bread machine dough cycle include a wait time for the dough to rise or just the mixing and kneading?

Rhonda said...

Sounds yummy. I can hardly wait to try it. You give us so many great ideas. Thanks!!

Gina said...

It rises for 1 hour in the bread machine.