Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yeehaw!

One of my favorite days of the year came along yesterday: Stake Women's Day. Our Stake puts on a phenomenal Women's Day every September. It's something I've never seen in any other stake and it's just absolutely wonderful. Each year, anyone who would like to attend can register for 3 classes for free (plus an awesome lunch and keynote speaker!) Three years ago, Sheri Dew was the scheduled keynote speaker...and this year it was Marilyn Taggart, the wife of Elder Taggart of the General Area Authorities. Like I said, it's awesome! Yesterday, I got to choose two classes and teach one! I chose Home Buying 101 and Home Haircuts. Then, I had the opportunity to teach Coupon Shopping! Around 350 sisters attended Women's Day this year.

All of this leads up to the fact that the kids had a great day with Daddy! The community we live in held it's Annual Fall-ish activity, the Rescue Rodeo! Why it was called a Rodeo; I'm not too sure. Yeehaw folks...why don't you climb right on up in the bucking

But it was a Rodeo fit for some munchkins! They had a a police car, a police mobile command center (think: a big Police RV complete with big screen tv inside!), bicycle safety station, a red fire truck, and....a blue one too! If you haven't ever visited Chapel Hill, you wouldn't understand the amount to Tar Heel pride that exists in this place. Everything revolves around the true Carolina sky blue.
Yes, even
They had a great morning and even scored brand newout of the deal!


3 comments:

Rhonda said...

How fun! It looks they all had a wonderful day.

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Our stake in- hmm, I have forgotten which stake- used to do a day like that. I always thought it was a lot of fun. Wish I could remember where I was living at the time . . .

Anonymous said...

We drive by the fire station when we go to Spencer's school. Each time he tells me mom, we need to go see the firetrucks again, but not today. It is really cute.