Saturday, November 29, 2008

POM Wonderful.

Back in the day when my dear mother struggled to find things to pack in my school lunch, she let me choose to try a few new foods in hopes that I would like a couple. I fell in love with the vibrant pomegranate. Since they were on the expensive side, it was decided that if I wanted to eat them on a regular basis, I would have to purchase them with my own funds. So when those autumn months rolled around, I was always ready to eat as many as I could. Back then, I didn't know the proper method of deseeding a pomegranate to avoid the mess that they can make. I ruined quite a few shirts.

It's been a few years since I've indulged myself. As I passed by them in the grocery store this week, I wondered if I still have an affinity for them.

The verdict (noting that between Roundabout and I, we ate the entire fruit today!):

4 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Yum! I love them too. I'm terrible at getting them open though. Someone just recently told me it was best to do it underwater...I don't know why I never thought of that before!

Mom at Our House said...

Yea I don't think I have ever had one before.

I think you are the Queen of fruit. Is there any fruit you don't like???

Charlotte said...

Im with my cousin, I don't think I have ever eaten one. In fact, I'm not sure I could even recognize one. Maybe I'll have to look next time I go shopping (alhtough I'm not sure I need to bring home anything that might make an extra mess!)

Gina said...

What? You've never had one! How is this possible?! :) You should give them a try...and like Kim said, if you open them underwater, they don't make a mess at all. How come you think I am the queen of fruit?