
Last week, I got a note home from her teacher announcing the "1st Quarter Awards Assembly" and that Roundabout would be receiving the Perfect Attendance Award. There were also awards given for Best Effort, Most Responsible, Best Art Student, Best Music Student, Best French Student, and Best PE Student.
It was cute to hear her tell us, "I think that I was supposed to get all of the awards....but...they didn't want to make the other kids feel bad." I'm glad that she finally had a dose of self-confidence! It's something she's really struggling with.

Yay! Now, on to letting her become more responsible for getting herself ready in the mornings so that SHE (read: not I) will earn this award next quarter. I'll let you know how it goes.
4 comments:
congrats roundabout. Hopefully this will motivate her to continue to go and one day she won't fear it anymore
Way to go! That seems to be a great goal for her, something to motivate her to go. I always end up pulling my kids out of school at least once a year to go on a vacation, so they don't often get perfect attendance, oh well.
My kids never get perfect attendance. We pull them out for vacations, too.
That does sound like the perfect motivator for a reluctant school goer! Nothign like getting rewarded for your hard work.
I am so proud of you roundaabout. I know you deserved all of the awards so I am glad you shared with your friends. They need rewards too,
Post a Comment