Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spread.

Some days I feel so incredibly compelled to update this blog. And some days I don't. And sometimes it becomes a few days in a row. Oh, how time is really slipping through my fingers these days. Between being a wife and mom in normal everyday life, being on the job hunt and in turn being on a house hunt, partaking in a myriad of other things that occupy my time and at the end of the day having a little bit of time to have some me time, the blog has taken the back burner some days.

On a different note, I had a small ah-ha moment today. It was the infamous Orthodontic Match Day, the day awaited by many in hopes of matching at their top choice of Orthodontic programs. It usually involved much anticipation and anxiety. Three years ago, we were sitting on pins and needles wondering if we would be blessed to stay at UNC. And indeed, we were incredibly blessed. So today, as I awoke early this morning thinking about my sweet sister and her family, I wondered where they would match. Washington Hospital in DC! Exciting and sad all at the same time, but one must believe that this is the hand of the Lord. And so today, I realized that in five months from now, my siblings will all reside in different states from each other.
The four of us (1989)

Currently, we have two in North Carolina, one in Utah, and one in Idaho. But next year, we'll be spread from Texas to Washington to North Carolina to Idaho. Some great opportunities lie ahead for all of us!

5 comments:

Stephers said...

I know how you feel about blogging... sometimes I feel like I am too busy living life to blog about it, but I really miss it when I do!

Brenda said...

I am right there with you on the siblings spread across the nation...my family is also spread from the north to the south east to west of our great country. I hope someday we will all move closer...or that everyone else will move to where I live ;)

Mom at Our House said...

I am glad he got into a school, to bad it isn't closer to you guys. The picture of you guys is cute!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how much you and roundabout look like eachother, especially when you were younger! That's too bad they're moving but it will make the less frequent times you see eachother even more meaningful = )

Rhonda said...

You could move to Utah close to straight arrows siblings. I would love it!!!!