We had a few things to check, including his ears. The verdict: after 40 days of antibiotics, one ear has healed, one has not. We'll check again in one month. We might be headed for tubes in a couple of months, but I'm hopeful that they will clear...and stay clear.
His eyes: After mentioning it a couple of times in the past few months, our doctor finally saw what I've been seeing in him. His left eye is sometimes lazy, sometimes doesn't appear to focus on the subject, and he sometimes looks cross-eyed. We are now on our way to an Opthamologist to have his eyes checked.
His "speech": I hadn't really thought much of it, but although he does make sounds, he doesn't really babble, can't say the double consonant sounds like mama and dada, and he doesn't imitate the sounds he hears us make. For now, we're just going to watch him over the next month and see if he starts "talking".

The Stats:
21 pounds 2.6 oz. (60%) (He lost 2 pounds since he's been on antibiotics for so long!)
27 3/4 inches (30%)
Head: 18 1/4 inches (75%)
27 3/4 inches (30%)
Head: 18 1/4 inches (75%)
6 comments:
Poor guy on antibiotics for so long! Our little one had a lot of trouble gaining weight when he had a lot of ear infections too. He finally started gaining weight when he got tubes. And I'm glad the Dr. finally saw eye to eye with you about his eyes (ha).
He is so cute! It is amazing how fast they grow. I hope all checks out okay with his eyes and ears! Good luck!
He is super cute, good luck with the eyes, ears and speech! They do grow way to fast.
40 Days!! That is so crazy. I am glad he is feeling better!
He sure is a cutie tho!
What a cutie. Hopefully everything is okay with his eye. Burner had the same problem but he has grown out of it.
Post a Comment