So, where in the world have I been? "What have I been doing?", I had to ask myself. Here's what:
1. Reading

I'd like to think that I never make a major decision without weighing all of the options. And as so, I have immersed myself in literature about homeschooling. The advantages of public vs. homeschool. The disadvantages. The woes. The joys. The freedom. The major time commitment. The curriculum choices. The structure and schedule. I've read everything I can get my hands on. I've emailed every person that I know that homeschools. I've looked into schools in the new place we're moving. I've applied to a charter school in the case that I choose that route.
Through all of this, I've discovered that I love the idea of homeschooling. I've also realized my own limitations and wonder that in despite of my love of the idea if I could really pull it off. No matter though. I'll never know until I try. I think that we're going to try it next year for 1st grade.
2. Exercise
I've got my game on. As newlyweds, Straight Arrow and I were blessed to be able to live in the basement apartment inside of his parent's home. It was truly blessing in that it saved us a lot of money and allowed me to develop relationships with his family members. I actually think fondly of those two years. One downfall, though, was the sheer amount of ice cream that I consumed while living there. There was always ice cream in the freezer upstairs that we were welcome to. Never in my life had I had access to as much of my favorite dessert as I wanted. And I took full advantage of it. 25 pounds worth.
Since then, I've given birth to three children. After each delivery, I've lost weight back down to, but not less than the ice cream weight. It's been a huge battle for me. But this time, I've buckled down and I am doing it! I've lost 10 pounds!! (It's helped that three of my favorite shows come on at night for me to watch while I exercise. It sure makes an hour of cardio go by faster!)
3. Playing doctor

January has been the month of sickness around here. Straight Arrow was sick. Then, I got sick and have been sick for 2 weeks. I finally went to the doctor and they prescribed me an antibiotic for a sinus infection, though I am not convinced that it's working. Rest Area has a yucky nose. And then yesterday, I got a call from the school to come pick up Roundabout. She has a fever, cough, runny nose, and stomachache. I'm ready to be well again!
4 comments:
Good job with your exercise plan! I really need to start exercising again.
Good luck with the homeschool decision. That is a hard one. I totally get what you mean about loving the IDEA of it. The well-trained mind is pretty convincing.
Glad to see you back, I can't wait to see how the homeschooling goes
Good luck with the homeschooling! You are brave. Hope you are all feeling better soon.
Congrats on the weight loss! Good luck with the rest. You'll be a great homeschooling mom!!
Post a Comment