Monday, March 16, 2009

Think Green.

My Leprechaun To-Do List...

  • Finish collecting green edibles (green cabbage, green beans, green jello, green pudding, green celery, green marshmallows, green yogurt)
  • Get ready to make a rainbow cake (white cake mix, food coloring, vanilla pudding, and Sprite) (image of cake courtesy of http://www.omnomicon.com/rainbowcake)
  • Green food coloring to dye milk and toilet water
  • Turn over the furniture tonight for Leprechaun mischief
  • Rolos to leave in the kids shoes
  • Box of Lucky Charms for breakfast, of course
  • Make a leprechaun trap with the kids
  • Help Roundabout finish sewing her sneaky leprechaun blanket to lure him into the trap
  • Make the kids a green lunch
  • Prepare the corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes for the crockpot
  • Make some yummy Lucky Charms trail mix with the kids (Lucky Charms, yogurt covered raisins, peanuts, and Reeses Pieces)
  • Catch a Leprechaun in the trap after children are tucked snugly into bed
  • Exercise a little extra tonight for some Key Lime Yogurt Pie tomorrow
Call it a party! The excitement never ends around here. ;)

5 comments:

Katie Smith said...

I would never even think of doing anything for St. Patricks Day. What a way to celebrate a holiday and have some fun. You are so creative!

Mom at Our House said...

Yea. I am so excited for tomorrow. I think you have some cute ideas. I will have to think about some of those for next year. Take pics I want to see them.

That cake looks awesome. I am going to do it soon with my kids.

Halle said...

Cute ideas. That's one of the cakes I was considering making for Annie's birthday. Let me know how it turns out!

GordonTucker said...

that rainbow cake looks awesome. I'll have to try that.

Rhonda said...

I feel so bad I didn't do anything fun for St. Patrick's Day. (Not even for my students so next year I will do better) Thanks for the inspiration.