Sometimes it's a shortcut on dinner.
Sometimes it's how to clean something.
Sometimes it's how to organize better.
Sometimes it's how to freshen a basement.
Sometimes it's how to get rid of a certain rodent.
Sometimes it's how to be more efficient in this new life of mine.
Sometimes it's how to keep my children occupied with no friends around.
And so...I thought I'd share every once in a while some of my new *tricks*.
Here goes the first of many How-To lessons. This will serve as a great reminder to myself when I forget my newly learned tricks...and hopefully it might help someone else down the road.
How-to Clean Glass Shower Doors
Bet you've wondered how to get that hard water and soap residue off of your shower doors. Ours were so cloudy and white that you couldn't even see through them. I actually thought they were frosted doors when we made an offer on this house. Once we finally got to move in, I scoured the internet for the perfect cloudy shower door remedy to no avail. I spent way too much money on products that didn't do their job. So, before you waste your time reading endless internet pages found on your Google search, just go to Target and buy "A Bar Keepers Friend". It's a powder cleanser that I sprinkled on a wet, green scour pad. I put in a little elbow grease. The star of the show didn't end up being my hard work; it was that little gold bottle of powder. Don't take my word for it. Take a look at these

How-to Clean the Ring out of a Toilet
Keeping with the bathroom theme of today, let's talk about toilet ring. In our apartment, I stayed on top of cleaning my toilets and never had a problem with toilet ring. I believe this is the solution to keeping them clean, but how do you get them clean if there is already a ring?! I've been trying for two weeks to get our 6 toilets white and sparkly. I tried Borax, vinegar, Magic Eraser, baking soda, Clorox, the Works cleaner, Scrubbing Bubbles, a scour pad...and. nothing. worked. Now, lest I spare you the details, just know that our toilets were utterly disgusting after having been neglected for several years. The "ring" in our toilets was more than just a ring. The way to get rid of it is a $1.50 pumice stone from the beauty section of the drug store. Yes, the kind of pumice that you rub on your feet. It won't scratch your porcelain toilet bowl and removes the ring in less two minutes! You'll have to take my word on this one because I'm sparing you the pictures of my toilets this time. Now, back to our regularly scheduled routine cleaning.
5 comments:
And now...how-to KEEP your clean shower doors clean...a squeegee and washcloth (or any form of towel). Do it every time you shower...yes, EVERY time. Then you'll never have to wash 'em again!...just like the toilets.
I'm amazed how similar your shower is to ours. Other than yours is chrome and ours is brass, they look identical. Oh...and it's beautiful!
nice tips...thanks!
I'm going to have to try that on my shower doors...they need it for sure!
I love that you put so many tips on here for us all to enjoy! Thanks, you're a genius!
Sparkle Clean :)
Post a Comment