Saturday, August 1, 2009

A room for living life.

We added texture:
Photobucket

Photobucket


And color:

Photobucket

Photobucket


And romance:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And a little bit of home:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, all you design dazzled people: Tell me what to do with my window treatments. The stuff up there was left by the previous owners...and I know I don't want it, but I don't know what to replace it with. (You can see pictures of it in one of the piano pictures above.)

As for the wall behind the sofa, I have plans for it as far as photos. But what about paint color? Would a dark-olivey green compliment it well? Or should I choose something lighter, like in the yellow family (like the yellow in the chair)?

And eventually...we add some accessories.

5 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

I love it!! It looks so great! Where did the piano come from??

Mom at Our House said...

I love it!

Stephers said...

So, are you going to move that piano for the Christmas tree this winter?? Those are beautiful windows. For the windows, I would do long pleated drapes in a darker saturated color. They go well in a formal setting. I would also tend towards an olive color for the couch with the light colored walls.

Gina said...

Thanks! I love the red couches!

Kristin--the piano is the piano I had growing up. We just FINALLY get to have it in our own house!

Stephanie--They are great windows! I'm not sure where I'll put a Christmas tree yet because those windows are in the back of the house instead of the front. And as for the color, I was meaning which color could I paint one wall for an accent wall to compliment the red couches?

Danielle said...

Beautiful!