As I was dropping off Green Light at preschool this morning, he kissed me goodbye and signed "I love you" as he was walking in line back to put his lunch bag away. I walked outside and was getting ready to leave when his teacher came running out the door calling for "Green Light's mom"!
As I went back inside, there he was standing with tears welling up in his eyes. Nervousness had gotten the best of him and he had forgotten our previous kiss. As I knelt down to receive his tight hugs and sweet kisses, he embraced me with arms tight.
Then, he stepped back and in his most manly, deep voice said, "Mom, you can go now. I'm gonna be okay here."
5 comments:
Awww...so sweet! He's such a big boy.
Awwww so cute! What a brave kid he is.
So Brave. Don't you just love these moments? How did Mom do?
That is so so sweet!!
Oh Gina!!!! That is so sweet...that made me tear up some! Please tell me that it really doesn't go by so fast. I am going to be the biggest blubbering mess when Frankie goes!!!
Post a Comment