Sunday, August 2, 2009

Party like Picasso.

She's no average girl. She's absolutely amazing. And she just turned 6 years old. The time, I tell ya, is just flying. I love, love, love her.

The theme this year: edible art. Picasso style.
Free-form lollipops to lick.
Pattern-parting jewelery to munch.
Color-coded cupcakes to decorate like an artist.

Lucky girl; she had her best-friend cousin in company and her new formed friend in tow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sweet girl; she wanted her friends to both have the joy of blowing out the candles and kindly requested that they have their own candles lit.

Photobucket

Happy Birthday, my one daughter. I love our friendship. I love our bond. I love our conversation. I love our cuddles. I love our trust. I love our bedtime stories. I love your voice. I love your voice telling me about your adventures. I love our laughs. I love you. I love that I am your mother.

Picasso Pops (taken from Better Homes and Gardens)
8 to 10 ounces assorted hard candies(Lifesavers work best for a certain shape; Jolly Ranchers were very free-form)
8 to 10 lollipop sticks

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Leave some candies whole. To coarsely crush some hard candies, place some in a large heavy resealable plastic bag. Place bag on a cutting board. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to crush candies into small chunks.
2. Arrange the crushed candies and whole candies 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick on the prepared baking sheet in varying shapes and sizes. Or, fill the inside of a metal cookie cutter with crushed candies for a more defined shape; carefully lift cutter from baking sheet before baking. Or arrange whole pieces of candy in varying designs and shapes. Make only three or four lollipops at a time; space them at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet to allow room to insert the sticks after they bake.
3. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until candies completely melt. Remove from oven and immediately attach a stick to the base of each shape, twisting the stick to cover the end with melted candy. If desired, press additional small decorative candies into the hot lollipops. Cool completely on the foil. When the lollipops are cool, peel off the foil. Makes 8 to 10 lollipops.

2 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

You always have such cute, creative, fun ideas for your kids to do. I guess I could add YUMMY ideas to that list also!

Rhonda said...

What a fun birthday party. She is so beautiful, intelligent and kind. I am so blessed to have her as my first grandchild. She will be a good example to all. Did I mention I am truly blessed. The Lord has blessed me with the most wonderful and fabulous 7 grandchildren in this world. I hope your birthday was so much fun. Hope you are feeling better now.