Saturday, November 21, 2009

Trying my hand.

I'm a family picture fanatic. I love having our family pictures to look back on. I love seeing how my children are growing up and changing. But, my sister has never really had the drive to drag the family to a photo shoot. And thus, she has no family pictures in their 9 years of marriage. I nag her about it often.

When she heard that I had a new camera, she asked if I would try to take some family pictures this weekend for the upcoming holidays. I agreed although I have no experience and have a relatively small knowledge-base. I think I gave it a pretty good shot for my first time shooting wiggly children with shifty eyes.























10 comments:

Stephers said...

They look great! You may not need so many watermarks though :-)

Gina said...

Yeah, I know...
I'm still figuring out how to use Photoshop. :)

Mary said...

Those are great. Does the camera really make a difference? Did you take some with your old one? It would be interesting to see. I know that the lens obviously makes a difference, but what else should I look for in a camera?

Haylee said...

I think they look great for your first time! In fact, they look great for someone with experience even. Keep it up and you'll be a professional in no time! ;)

Karen said...

Um...WOW!!! Great job! Gina, these look awesome! Love the red barn thing too, is that in your backyard??

Gina said...

Thanks guys! I love them...and I'm glad my sister has some pictures of her cute family now.

The barn was actually my grandmother's barn where tobacco was stored and cured back in the day. It is not in my backyard, but closeby to our house.

Greg and louise said...

Great job.

Summer & Rich said...

These look amazing. Yet again another talent that you are a natural at.

Mom at Our House said...

I think they look great!

Kristin Jones said...

You're on your way!