Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Caught...

Red-handed.

We've never had a problem with our kids using crayons and markers in the wrong places. "Crayons are for paper" has always been my motto and my kids have religiously adhered the rule...until Curvy Road.

The sad part is: we own our own house, our own walls, our own carpet. It's no longer the apartment's to destroy. It's our problem to fix. And I'm not sure I have the solution to fix it anytime soon.

I've tried putting all markers away. I've bought Color Wonder. I've given him his own craft space. He has access to paper. I've repeated the motto time and again. But it doesn't matter. He does exactly what he wants to do.


6 comments:

Katie Smith said...

on a daily basis i see this exact same scenario except with a little red headed girl. hahaha

Stephers said...

I think it's a 3rd child thing! My third kid thinks that rules don't really apply to him.

Arbon Family said...

NAUGHTY!! Lexi does the same thing, no matter how many times I tell her - NO. At least you got a picture of it!

Mom at Our House said...

I had the same problem with Burner, it has gotten a lot better with age, but he still is far from perfect with fallowing the rules

Charlotte said...

My children (interestingly all except my last) were wall and body colorers. Whenever a mother would roll her eyes and I could here her thinking, "well if she were a better mother" I would laugh to myself and mentally wish her luck when/if she had a colorer of her own.

Rhonda said...

A true artist. The world is his canvas and of course his body too. A true artist can't be stifled.