Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm Fond of You, fondue!

Last New Years Eve, I had a brother and a sister over for fondue for celebration time. It was so yummy and I've thought about it numerous times in 2009. I seriously could not wait until it was New Years Eve again to tickle my taste buds once more.

For Christmas this year, I received an electric fondue pot from my parents...just in time for the par-tay. We had my parents over on New Years and we fondued.

SO delicious. Every last bite of it.
Chicken. Cheese. Chocolate.

one very content fondue connoisseur

colorful fruit and vegetables

crusty French bread

chicken and bell pepper over boiling broth

a melty mess of chocolate!


Chicken:
Pure chicken broth
Bite-sized chicken pieces
assorted vegetables

Cheese:
3/4 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 loaf French bread, cubed

Chocolate:
16 ounces milk chocolate
2/3 cup heavy cream

So delicious, but so unhealthy...can only be served once a year here! Makes for a great tradition! ;)

1 comment:

Heidi Marshall said...

that was fun that year! i love fondue!