Monday, February 15, 2010

Feeling like Homeowners.

Everyone always says that once you own a house, everything falls apart.  Every little (and big!) expense just seem to keep piling in one after another.  And while we feel so grateful that we have an income to support our home, things do just keep breaking. 

Like I wrote about a few weeks ago, we paid a hefty sum to have some trees taken down.  Mind you, those were the most important trees that were making threats to our home.  There were others that will come down at a later time.  Not a week after we had those trees cut, I noticed that a huge pine tree out in the forest had been totally uprooted and fallen over during a rain storm.  It hadn't fallen all the way to the ground and was resting on another pine close to our home.  If the big pine pushed the little pine over, it would indeed fall on our house.  So!  Straight Arrow decided to go on a little chainsawing adventure with my dad. 

Out they went to buy a new chainsaw and tromped up the snowy hill with their new, orange baby (happy Valentines Day, baby!).  


After a few minutes, I didn't hear the buzz of the saw anymore and looked out the window to see what was going on.  I saw this stuck underneath that large pine.  (Note the 120○ angle on the blade there....yeahhh, it's not supposed to look like that.)



Ode of Lowes Home Improvement who did a straight out exchange for this chainsaw despite 100%-fault-on-us.  We only had to buy one chainsaw that day: thankfully a $250 homeowner project instead of double. 

3 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

Sometimes being a home owner can be oh, so much fun!? :)

Rhonda said...

I am impressed with the skills of straight arrw.

Rhonda said...

Left out the o on arrow and it is so embarrassing.