Saturday, April 10, 2010
Hollywood Studios.
The land of awesome shows! I love this place. We split this day into a short morning visit and then a late afternoon return so that we could stay up "late" for Fantasmic.
I could watch the Beauty and the Beast production over and over...I think it's so cool! We also saw "Lights, Motor, Action" which was just mind blowing. I cannot imagine how much practice it takes to do the car stunts they performed. Seriously amazing! Plus, the kids loved it too!
We went to "Playhouse Disney" which was semi-cool for the kids. Green Light turned to me halfway through the show and said, "These aren't the real guys". So, it wasn't quite as magical and believable as the rest of the Disney characters. We saw Muppet 3-D vision and weren't all that enthused by it...the other 3D shows in the other parks were way better...but then again we're not hugely into Muppets around our house.
Rockin' Rollercoaster was a ride just for me and the Doctor. The munchkins didn't have the height for it. Takeoff is the most amazing on any rollercoaster that I've ever ridden. 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. I nearly lost my stomach.
The new Toy Story Mania is all the buzz! Admittedly, it's a pretty cool little ride. We went twice and loved it!
Probably the coolest thing at Hollywood: Fantasmic! It may just trump all other nighttime Disney shows! It has it all...lights, fireworks, lasers, music, amazing fountains, 1.9 million gallons of water, a 50 foot dragon that Mickey gets to defeat as the Sorcerer's Apprentice, and 45 cast members including the Princesses! It was awesome! ( A word to the wise....Get there super early, but don't sit too close or you'll get pretty wet by the end.)
Labels:
Curvy Road,
Green Light,
Roundabout,
Share the Road,
Straight Arrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment