It's so cliche, but I can hardly believe I have a seven year old child. I can vividly remember the events of the day leading up to the night that she was born. It seems like just yesterday that a whirlwind of chaos ensued and an emergency cesarean was performed to save this child's life. She was born into the world, perhaps unready to face it as she cried every waking moment for weeks. Our lives changed that day, but each day we have with her, the blessings of having her just become more and more plentiful.
She is truly a wonderful individual. She strives within herself to be the very best that she can be. She sees in black and white, with no gray in between. Obedient to her parents, her teachers, her beliefs, and most importantly, her Father in Heaven. A born leader, she is a shining example to all she comes in contact with. She is a reader, a swimmer, and a gymnast. She loves to ride her bike, but only while wearing a dress or skirt.
Seen by two little boys as a sister, she is loving and nurturing. She is their role model and they want to be just like her. She plays their games and they play hers. She helps feed them, dress them, potty them, and even parent them at times. She holds their small hands as we cross the street and kisses them goodnight each and every night. She reads them bedtime stories and helps them write love notes to their grateful parents.
As a daughter, she wants to do everything right. Disciplining her is a fragile subject as it only takes a look to crush her little soul. She is attached at the hip to her mother and separation is sometimes a traumatic event. She loves to be cuddled in bed and still loves a good bedtime chapter to be read to her. She is grateful for all that she is given and regularly thanks us for the service and gifts she receives.
Each child comes to earth with their own personality and are so different, but I am so grateful for this one. I make it my goal to tell her each and every day how lucky I am to be her mother, to be able to keep her forever. Miss Roundabout, I love you and Happy Birthday sweetie!




4 comments:
I love that little girl, and I hope she had a great birthday.
Reading this has made me even more excited to welcome a little girl into our family next month. What a blessing to have such a sweet little girl, Gina! :)
Wow! That last pic looks just like you! Such a beautiful little girl! Hope her birthday was wonderful!
Happy Birthday Miss Kylie!
Post a Comment