Aunt Tiffany really wanted to hike up to Timpanogos cave, but since we had some little ones along we decided to picnic along Bridal Veil falls instead. Such a beautiful place in a beautiful canyon! Bridal Veil falls was one of the places where the doctor and I had engagement pictures taken. It's so gorgeous and being there made me nostalgic for Utah again.
We picnicked and then strolled along with the kids to the bottom of the falls. The kids took off their shoes and were wading in the water when Grandpa came over and offered to take one child up the falls. Of course, you can't just take one when there's five who really want to go! Before I knew it, there I was watching two of my children climb up a mountain through these slippery rocks in freezing, flowing water. It was exciting at first because I knew how excited they were to go up with Grandpa. Straight Arrow joined them in his flip flops to help herd the children up the way.
Within a few minutes, the trail and bridge below the falls were lined with strangers watching intently at these crazy people climbing straight up the middle of the falls. The tension mounted more and more as they climbed and slipped and climbed and slipped.
After what seemed like forever of watching my two little ones in peril, I called Straight Arrow up on the mountain and begged for them to come back down! The kids took a vote and every kid wanted to come down except Green Light. Luckily, Aunt Tiffany ran up the mountain and helped bring the kids down one by one.
No comments:
Post a Comment