Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 06: Something I bought recently

Straight Arrow and I debated back and forth over what we should get each other for Christmas this year.  I really didn't need anything or even want anything big.  But what we really needed to do was build up our food storage and work on self-reliance.  So, our big Christmas purchase this year: A Solar Oven!  It is so awesome that even on 30-degree day, without any electricity or fuel of any kind, and as long as the sun is shining, we can cook!

I christened our Sun Oven with a loaf of homemade whole wheat bread.  Take note that while it baked at 350 degrees, there was snow on the ground!



3 comments:

Amy B. said...

I got one for Christmas too!!!!

Karen said...

Sad. That thing would never work here (Seattle) :( If we ever move to a sunnier place, that would be a cool thing to have though!

Katie Smith said...

that is crazy! where do you hear about these things?