1 o'clock
I'm a sucker for projects. I put them off until I have a few that I want to get done because I know myself and projects. Once I start one, I know that I won't be able to stop until it's complete. I neglect everything in the meanwhile. My house. My dishes. My laundry. My kids. My calling. My husband. Lunch and Dinner. Myself. My sleep.
So since Rest Area was born, I've let a few projects build up knowing that one day I'd feel like I've gotten this new routine down. Usually, once I finish one project, I am content to wait a little while before I start the next. But not this time...I finished the aprons and I hadn't gotten my fill of sewing pleasures. I finished 5 hooded towels and I still had the sewing itch. And so I embarked on a new one. One that my sister-in-law, Haylee, had introduced me to: A Denim Rag Quilt with a Twist!
(click on the link for instructions)
I saved up our old blue jeans, found some more in my parent's attic when we cleaned out our "stuff", and then I went at it. I've stayed up until 1am every night for the past week while working on my little treasures. Remember, I said that once I start, I couldn't put it down...that includes at night too. I just can't bear to waste those precious, quiet hours that I have to work without the munchkins.
Without any further adieu, here is the debut of my most recent

It's purpose: I'm hoping it will make for a great picnic hangout and I'm excited to try it out tonight during

I'll keep you posted!
4 comments:
I love it.
Every time I give away an old pair of jeans I think to myself I should keep them and make a blanket with them. I love denim blankets!
oh I love it....make me one too in all this free time you have...haha..
So Cute, i love it! Also, thanks for the banana recipe! I am excited to try it!
I wish I had your creativity and energy.
Post a Comment