Any man can be a father...

But it sure takes someone special to be a Daddy!
I'm that privileged girl that got to marry this special Daddy. I'm also that special girl that got to have a great Dad. How did I get to be so blessed? I am so thankful!
Here's some of Roundabout and Green Light's favorite things that they love to play and do with their Dad:
I'm that privileged girl that got to marry this special Daddy. I'm also that special girl that got to have a great Dad. How did I get to be so blessed? I am so thankful!
Here's some of Roundabout and Green Light's favorite things that they love to play and do with their Dad:
1. Lion (Dad roars and chases them on all fours while they try to get to base on the couch. If they can manage to sneak up behind him and push him down, it's extra funny.)
2. Any kind of tricks (the funniest are ones that involve Dad pretending to get hurt...isn't that slightly twisted?)
3. Listen to Dad's iPod when he gets from from school each day (Straight Arrow has a year's worth of General Conference talks on his iPod and the kids love to listen to "talks" and guess who is speaking)
4. Steal Dad's hat
5. the Sleep Game (Dad pretends to fall asleep and miraculously when he wakes up, his shirt is all unbuttoned)
6. Spray Dad with anything (water bottles, Silly String, anything)
7. Jungle Gym (climb all over Dad as if he is literally a playground toy)
8. Knock Over (Dad sits on the floor and the kids run as fast as they run into him to see if they can knock him down)
9. Tickling and Wrestling wars
10. Walk on the ceiling (Dad holds them upside down and lets them "walk" on the ceiling)
11. Books (It's always special to get Dad to read a book.)
12. Fast carts (Dad's more fun to go shopping with because he will take the kids on cart rides ie. run fast with the cart and then hop on for a ride through the aisle or the parking lot)
13. Car Carts (Another reason they hope Dad goes shopping with us...He is willing to push those rascally car carts that you can now find in any grocery store.)
14. Cuddles with Dad in bed (I'm not sure why, but Dad is always the first choice of cuddlers.)
15. There's a Spider on your Head (They LOVE to tell him there's a spider on his head so that he will slap himself in the head to get it off. It's even better to tell him "April Fools" after he hits himself.)
16. London Bridge
17. Baseball
18. Basketball
19. Ring Around the Rosie
20. Prince and Princess
2. Any kind of tricks (the funniest are ones that involve Dad pretending to get hurt...isn't that slightly twisted?)
3. Listen to Dad's iPod when he gets from from school each day (Straight Arrow has a year's worth of General Conference talks on his iPod and the kids love to listen to "talks" and guess who is speaking)
4. Steal Dad's hat
5. the Sleep Game (Dad pretends to fall asleep and miraculously when he wakes up, his shirt is all unbuttoned)
6. Spray Dad with anything (water bottles, Silly String, anything)
7. Jungle Gym (climb all over Dad as if he is literally a playground toy)
8. Knock Over (Dad sits on the floor and the kids run as fast as they run into him to see if they can knock him down)
9. Tickling and Wrestling wars
10. Walk on the ceiling (Dad holds them upside down and lets them "walk" on the ceiling)
11. Books (It's always special to get Dad to read a book.)
12. Fast carts (Dad's more fun to go shopping with because he will take the kids on cart rides ie. run fast with the cart and then hop on for a ride through the aisle or the parking lot)
13. Car Carts (Another reason they hope Dad goes shopping with us...He is willing to push those rascally car carts that you can now find in any grocery store.)
14. Cuddles with Dad in bed (I'm not sure why, but Dad is always the first choice of cuddlers.)
15. There's a Spider on your Head (They LOVE to tell him there's a spider on his head so that he will slap himself in the head to get it off. It's even better to tell him "April Fools" after he hits himself.)
16. London Bridge
17. Baseball
18. Basketball
19. Ring Around the Rosie
20. Prince and Princess
S once saw a friend's Priesthood Line of Authority framed and matted like this and has wanted it ever since. I've been meaning to do that for him and I finally remembered in time for Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day, Baby! I sure love you!

3 comments:
What a great Father's Day gift!
That's it - I was wondering what this looked like ever since we talked about it - What a great idea! and I love the background picture you chose.
S sounds so much like his dad. S is wonderful in so many ways. Happy fathers day. G thanks for being a wonderful wife to my son and being a wonderful daughter. I love all of you!!
Post a Comment