Saturday, June 21, 2008

And....he's slowly waking up!

When Roundabout was born, I think I was completely clueless about babies in general. Looking back, I'm not exactly sure what I thought it would be like, but I imagine I had thoughts of a cute baby in cute clothes, going on long walks, and cuddling on the couch. Ha! That wasn't the case with Roundabout. She cried...and cried...and cried. The first three months of her life were an incredible eye opener to me.

Green Light came along two years later. I was geared up for endless crying only to find that this child was nothing like that. Laid back and calm, I thought I had hit the jackpot and won the easiest baby ever. He ate. He slept. And then slept some more. He was happy go lucky.

Still in my mind, I thought I must have just been naive...and the former was more common than the latter. Along comes Rest Stop. I braced myself. I've waited. I've dreaded the day that he would "wake up" and cry nonstop. But I'm happy to say that at almost 12 weeks, he is beginning to wake up finally and he is the happiest baby on the block. Honestly, I've wondered if there was even a little personality inside of all that chubbiness. He just slept so much that I have rarely gotten to see what he's really like.

But, this week arrived and he's been able to keep his eyes pried open for a few minutes longer than he had previously. Instead of being awake for 4 hours a day, we'll give him 4 and a half now! ;) He has given this mom that heart melting smile of a newborn more times than I can count. He's made some new friends in his animal mobile. He's even begun to babble and coo to them a little bit! My little Rest Area is finally waking up from his deep sleep! Take a look...and notice his deep dimples while you're viewing this chunk.



2 comments:

Allison said...

Goodness, he certainly does have cute dimples!
Hey, what days are you going to be in town this week?

Charlotte said...

Very cute pictures. I still have trouble sorting out which "stages" are common for all kids and which are unique to mine.