Friday, June 20, 2008

This is Us.

I've decided that using our initials is just too boring. And so, going along with my blog title, I have given each person in our family a Road Sign that fits him or her. Here goes the explanations. Sorry if these throw you off!

Straight Arrow: He is straight as an arrow in all he does. He never deviates. He has his eye set on his goal and never loses sight. He is a great influence in my life that keeps me and our family on the path of the straight and narrow.

This is me. I had a hard time identifying myself with a road sign. I first went with Caution, but decided that wasn't very fitting. I chose Share the Road because I am a people pleaser. I have a hard time if I think someone is upset with me, I have a hard time saying no to other's requests, and I have a sense of fairness in me that is hard to get past sometimes. I just like everyone to get along with each other and "share the road".

She is a talker and has been since birth. She used to babble nonstop to her Winnie the Pooh mobile when she was just a few weeks old. Almost 5 years later, not much has changed. She loves to talk herself (and me!) into circles. She has an imagination like no other and she vocalizes it often! Furthermore, a simple story from her can take quite the roundabout way to end up being a long, drawn out one.

He's Green Light; always full speed ahead. He's fearless about lots of things. He's been injured more than any of my children. If it's fun, he's ready for it and always with a smile on his face. He loves riding bikes, jumping off of high places, running, cannonballing into water, and has even ridden his tricycle down a flight of stairs once. Full Speed Ahead.


It's hard to know an infant's personality. But, at almost 3 months, he still sleeps 20+ hours per day. He is definitely a sleeper and I would be surprised if that changes in him. Even as this changes later in life, I imagine that he'll always be a mellow fellow and love the things a rest area offers; rest, a fun run around out of the car, and a snack machine. :)

I'm in the process to sifting through my posts and changing over the names!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new names. I think it is such a cute idea, and I am sure it won't take us long to remember who is who.

Gina said...

I'll have to admit that it wasn't my original idea. I saw it on two other people's blogs that they gave their kids nicknames...and then I tried to think of what would go with the title of my blog. So, that's when I came up with road signs...and I think they fit dead on!

Danielle said...

Very clever! Please move up here! I want to live near you. Maybe it will rub off! We have been on vacation with my family at myrtle beach. I am uploading photos as we speak, but it might take all night! It is fun catching up on your blog. We had no web access there.

Angelfish said...

well, I think the road sign idea is VERY original! Cute, too, And thanks for explaining your choices - I have friends who use family nicknames instead of initials and I sometimes just scratch my head trying to figure out who they are talking about and how in the world they came up with that nickname!