I heard the announcement come over the intercom saying, "Security Scan Area 5". I'm absolutely sure that the announcement was needed because of me. Please, just let me explain myself.
I entered your store while my dear husband was wishing for some more Pre-Father's Day loot, namely two pair of new blue jeans. Well, actually it was three to begin with until he saw the $99.00 price tag on the pair of Seven brand jeans. (As a side note, I didn't know that TJMaxx sold anything for $99.00...I thought this was more of a discount store!) While he was trying on his new pants in your so-called fitting room, my daughter, son and I were just hanging out by the shoe section waiting for his return. While waiting, I couldn't resist taking a little looksy at the shoe racks, size 8.5 to be exact. I immediately found the pair that I wanted, a cute pair of brown Mary Jane style shoes. You see...the only pair of brown shoes I have right now are a pair of flip flops and it's been a little uncomfortable to wear them to church on Sundays. Admittedly, I've felt slightly out of place.
So, I pointed out these cute shoes to my four year old daughter, who took a look and said, "Well mom, those are cute, but I think I could find some cuter ones". And so it went. She pointed out her favorites and as the list got longer and longer, the smirk on my face got bigger and bigger. That's when I remembered that my camera was tucked away nicely in my diaper bag. I just had to pull it out to get a few shots of these beautiful shoes my daughter was finding! And that's when you felt the need to "Security Scan" me.
Since you were wondering just what kind of pictures I was taking in your store, here's the rundown...







In the end, I just couldn't humor her and I went with my first instinct:
They were actually the only attractive pair on the rack.My advice to you, Mr. TJ Maxx: downsize the "Security Scan department" and hire some new employees in your purchasing department. I regret to tell you, I don't think you'll be selling many of my pictured selections.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Caution
6 comments:
Those are so cute! Any chance they had some in size 7? I mean, my birthday is coming up in another 11 1/2 month, ya know! :) So, did you get kicked out, or just chastised? Hehehe.
I have those same pair that you chose.
FYI-I worked at WalMart for 5 years and those "security scan..." announcments are all just to scare you.
I know, I've always figured as much...but I thought it'd make a cute post anyway. :)
It is a hilarious post, I especially love all the shoes.
Yes that tag is for your daughter.
Super cute shoes! The ones you picked, that is...
So um.. I actually like the pink flip flops (you shouldn't call them thongs. people will tease you.) and the top gold ones. I think they are cute. Good job Kylie, you got some fashions sense, just like Aunt Becca.
Post a Comment