Muffin Tin Monday
I like to shake things up every now and again. Last week, my sister in law, Haylee gave me the idea of Muffin Tin Monday. A while back, I had some real struggles in getting my kids, mainly Green Light, to eat more than a nibble of healthy foods. Luckily, after some revisions in the way we eat around here, that has all changed and for the most part, that problem has been solved. Haylee suggested I try this "muffin tin" idea with Green Light. Even though I didn't need the idea for him anymore, I still thought it would be a fun idea for my kids!
Here's a few reasons why I've been really looking forward to trying it:
It allows for such variety.
It's something different than PB&J for the hundredth time.
It gives my kids an opportunity to try a little bit of a food they may not be familiar with.
They think it's fun.
It helps clean out leftovers in the fridge.
It's healthy!
And so you might ask, what did I include in my first go at Muffin Tin Monday?
Here's what:
Here's what:

I only had one muffin tin that has 12 wells...Roundabout claimed to not be hungry and Green Light was famished. So, I prepared it for Green Light, but when Roundabout saw all of his exciting treats, she was ready to eat too! As you can see, she got a few bites off of his...but both of them loved this new trial of

I didn't expect them to eat all of the food. I thought that they'd take one or two of everything and there would be leftoevers. I was fine with that. But when I went to check on both of them, I was very surprised to find this!

I am really excited about this now! I can think of so many different foods and themes to try!
I'd love to hear your ideas.
I'd love to hear your ideas.
7 comments:
Great idea for all of my grandchildren. We will have to try it. If we think of any more good ideas we will share them with you. Thanks for sharing with us.
I'm glad it went so well at your house. That makes me very excited to try it with Miriam, but not for a while, of course. She can stay little for now. :)
p.s. I can't believe they ate it all!!
how is your muffin tin so clean?!
hey- thanks! I had tried this once before and it worked pretty well, then I forgot all about it. Hugh has gone for days now on nothing but cinnamon toast and chocolate milk--and driving me nuts! I think we'll be trying this idea again tomorrow - plus, it is time to clean out that fridge...
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!
I would also like to know how your muffin tin is so clean. Thanks for the great idea, I have a very picky eater!
Katie and Liz--hmmm, I don't know...I didn't realize my muffin tin was so clean. Maybe I don't use it often or I don't know! I do use muffin tin liners usually when I make something, but other than that, I'm not quite sure.
Post a Comment