Thursday, June 12, 2008

Purely Innocent.

As we were reading in an illustrated version of the scriptures about The Garden of Eden, Roundabout saw a picture of Adam and Eve from the neck up and heard that they clothes themselves with leaves. So, she asked the question, "Mom, should we look at that picture since they don't have their clothes on?" I explained to her that they didn't have any clothes then and that since we couldn't see any of their private parts, it would be okay to read this book. I went a little further though and explained that if she ever saw someone or a picture of someone without their clothes on, we shouldn't look...and that was called pornography.

Fast forward one day:
The kids and I walked outside of our apartment and I noticed an overweight man jogging on the sidewalk without his shirt on. I didn't think anything of it...I didn't prefer to see his jiggles, but in today's world, it hardly phased me. All of the sudden, Roundbaout screamed and put her hands over her eyes.
Me: Roundabout, what's wrong?! Is the sun too bright?
Roundabout: No!
Me: Is it too hot outside?
Roundabout: No!
Me: Did a bug fly in your eye?
Roundbaout: No!
Me : Then, what is wrong?!
K: Mom, I just saw pornography! Is he gone yet?!

Innocence. Isn't it wonderful?!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Haha! So innocent :)

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That made me laugh out loud. How cute.

Danielle said...

I love it! I can't wait to share with Chad!

Kristin Jones said...

So happy that you have that one written down. Laughed out loud!!!

Anonymous said...

I love kids. They are so innocent

Arbon Family said...

SO FUNNY!!!!!