San Francisco?
The truth about me is...I am a sissy. I can't stand to be alone without Mr. Straight Arrow. After all, he does lead and guide our little family. I've known for over a year that Straight Arrow would be taking a trip to the Golden Gate City. I also knew that it would be for over a week. And I knew that I would have 2 children and a newborn. And so while trying to be prepared, I planned on flying my mother in law out to stay with me while Straight Arrow was gone.
Well. Things happen. Things like increased gas/airline prices. Like my sister in law having pregnancy complications. And things like my cute little niece being born 6 weeks premature. Things that led to me realizing that my dear mother-in-law would not be joining me for this week alone. I was so sad.
I was even sadder the morning Straight Arrow left. I had stayed strong up until the minute he was walking out the door and I was feeling proud of myself that I hadn't cried this time around. But alas, the tears flowed and I had to explain to Roundabout why I was crying. I also set myself up for her to cry about it that night. :)
BUT...my own mother took the week off from work and let us come to stay with her! And here we are! (I couldn't leave without bringing my favorite blogging tools...I mean, come on. I've made it this long with at least a post per day. I couldn't let this little vacation ruin my success streak!)
So, here goes Day #1 of OUR vacation! We may not be riding cable cars. Or shopping quaint Chinese shops in Chinatown. Or eating deliciously authentic ethnic foods. Or biking the famous Golden Gate bridge. Or touring high end Orthodontic practices in the windy city. Or sampling chocolate at Ghirardelli Square.
But we are








Now, which is better? San Fran? Or this?
7 comments:
Here is my favorite part of this post. And I quote,
"I can't stand to be alone with Mr. Straight Arrow."
I know how you feel. I hate being alone with him too :)
Hey! You are so close! You should come up Friday and go to Sciworks. I am going to Too-Too's Wednesday to say good-bye to me daddy. Will you be there? I think there was some talk of lunch.
Oh... and I hate to be without my sweetheart, too. I always go to my mom's, visit friends, etc...One time I convinced a young woman to come and stay.
I also hate when Ken is gone for business. I haven't had to do it yet with Abe around and I don't look forward to it. Tiffany's comment had me laughing. Pretty funny typo!
The picture of your baby smiling reminds me of your dad. I haven't seen him in a REALLY long time, but if made me think of him.
Ashley, thats funny...As soon as I loaded my pictures onto my computer last night and saw that picture of him, I said to my mom that it looked just like my dad. :)
I don't know who that weirdo Tiffany chic is, but her comment doesn't make sense.
I am sure the kids r having more fun playing than if they were in SF
Post a Comment