Sunday, July 20, 2008

And then there were Sponge Balls!

Birthday #5 is coming up here soon for a special little girl I know. Each year, we have a themed birthday party and each year, the kids are allowed to invite as many friends to their party as the age they are turning. This year, Roundabout initially asked for a Princess birthday party, but since she had a Princess theme last year, I talked her out of it. Her second choice was a Beach (Water-themed) Party....and so we went with it.

As I started to plan this beach party realizing that we don't have access to a pool, sprinklers, slip 'n' slide, or even a water hose, I searched for other ideas. I came across these fun Sponge Balls! Martha Stewart...you either love her or you don't...and although I don't necessarily like the person that she chooses to be, I do love her ideas!

You gotta try them! Water balloons pale in comparison to these cuties!

And just like that, you've got yourself some easy, breezy

I'm glad I found these when I did...for a couple of reasons:
1. After only finding these Sponge Balls as birthday party entertainment, she has now decided to have a Princess Lemonade Luncheon (aka Tea Party). More on that later...
2. I do not enjoy filling water balloons. They are hard to fill, hard to tie off, and then they are thrown, broken, and gone in no time flat.
3. These are easy to "fill" and they never run out!
4. I bought a pack of sponges from the Dollar Tree. They are mismatched sizes, but work just fine. I got 10 sponges for $1...which makes 5 Sponge Balls! All in all, my $2 got me 10 fun balls!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

I am totally going out tomorrow to buy some sponges. That is awsome!!

Mom at Our House said...

awesome!

GFMouse said...

can I just tell you I look forward to reading your blog just for new ideas...haha...I love it!

Tiffany said...

That is a good idea. I'll have to try it with Spenny... or maybe even my friends :)

Brenda said...

That is a really great idea and it is going on my shopping list. I love the dollar store.