going private.
So, maybe I'm paranoid.
Or maybe it's my motherly instincts kicking in.
I do realize that I just publicly opened this new blog around 2 months ago.
I thought I could handle having my blog be public, but now I am second guessing myself.
I've done everything in my power to keep my family identity safe and secure on this cute little blog.
It's not that I mind lots of people rummaging through my crafty posts.
That's actually what keeps my bloggin' fire burning...and I don't want to stomp out my fire.
I guess the real thing is...
There's plenty of blurkers out there who I don't know.
They check my blog religiously, but never leave a comment.
I'm fine not actually "knowing them" knowing them...but I at least want to know who's stopping by.
Give me your thoughts.
Should I make my personal public blog, private?
10 comments:
Woah. How do you know if people are looking at your blog? Or is it just cause you have so many profile views?
I wondered if I should do the same, and for no reason at all I made it public. So, for no reason at all, I say, keep it public.
I might be one of your "blurkers"... I am an old friend of Scott's from BYU. I was roommates with Jenni Judd Smith, and I think you met her. Scott found both Jenni and me on facebook and mentioned your blog. It's so cute! I was thinking of trying those jello stickers with my kids (they are 5, 3 and 1). BTW I really like the way you disguise your family's names... it's given me some ideas to actually start a blog of my own. :-)
Oh Tiffany...don't you know that mothers have eyes in the back of their heads?!
Stephanie...your comment made me laugh because I already knew you were reading. Scott is sure that I've met you, but if I did, I honestly don't recognize you. But yeah, I do remember Jenni! Scott had told me about you guys and I am totally cool with that! I think it's so fun to find old friends! I'm glad you think it's cute!
I have the same struggle all the time. Thanks for the info on keeping track of readers! I will let you know how it goes!
I know I do read your blog alot and I rarely leave comments but that is mostly because everyone else has already said what I would have commented on anyway. It is your choice whether to keep it private or public but I do enjoy reading about your family's antics!
I love your blog! keep it public.
I vote keep it public. You could always not post personal pics of your family or kids. I think you do a good job of keeping private. There are ways to find out who is looking at your blog. Things you can add to your site that record who comes and who goes. Many bloggers might link to you and then their readers probably look out of curiousity.
I love reading you blog. I think it is so cute how you have named everyone. I vote keep it public. I would love info on how to see who is reading your blog.
visit my blog stacey...scroll down and you will see a traffic feed....you can't see exactally who they are but you can see where they are at. I'll look on another blogger's site which I once saw a feed that logs in who is there too.
I am probably one of your "blurkers" - I don't typically post a comment but do enjoy seeing all the fun adventures you and family are having. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment