Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!


Well, it's official. We passed the 7 year itch with flying colors, defeated the 8th year, and we are on our way now to 9 happy years. 8 years ago, I married the perfect man for me! What's it like being married to him? Absolutely wonderful.

It was 8 years ago that we were married. Whew, how the time flies...and crawls. Some of the things I remember about that day are:
  • the heat (I don't remember how hot it was, but it was HOT!)
  • the sun...it was so, so bright
  • the temple opened JUST for us making us the ONLY ones there
  • how handsome he was
  • the butterflies in my stomach
  • his curly hair (the stress from being married to me made it fall out shortly thereafter)
  • sitting in the temple holding hands with him
  • Straight Arrow's suit fiasco (the tuxedo didn't arrive)
  • the store credit we received because of the late tuxedo
  • having the Bride's room all to myself
  • feeling like a Princess
  • all of our family and friends who were there
  • Straight Arrow's family barely arriving in time from Utah!
  • the strange bugs that were highly attracted to my white dress
  • the mad rush to spray paint the bridge white for the reception
  • the first walk outside of the temple as husband and wife
  • feeling really shy on our first walk as husband and wife

.
Reflections on these last 8 years,
we have had one short wait and two long waits for pregnancy,
we have had 1 gorgeous girl
and 2 healthy baby boys,
all in under 5 years.
.
In the last 8 years,
we have lost 4 relatives,
been to the emergency room 3 times,
and have had 4 surgeries (all me!).
.
In the last 8 years,
we have moved 7 times,
lived in 6 homes (1 house, 5 apartments),
had a total of 4 used cars (1 truck, 2 cars, and 1 minivan)
and bought 1 brand new mini van.
.
In the last 8 years,
we have been through 3 graduations (Me, Scott, and then Scott again),
helped our family through a tragedy,
gained 3 sister-in-laws,
and gained 2 brother-in-laws.
.
In the last 8 years,
we have attended two universities,
flown back and forth to Utah 7 times,
and have never had our luggage lost.
.
In the last 8 years,
we have said "Happy Anniversary" to each other every single 28th day of every single month,
have remembered our Engagement date of February 6 every year,
and celebrated the day we met every September 3.
.
In the last 8 years,
we have successfully split our Christmas time between Utah and North Carolina families,
have never had a real Christmas tree,
and still keep our original tradition of putting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving.
.
In the last 8 years,
We have visited the Magic Kingdom 1 time,
went on a fantastic getaway cruise to Key West and Cozumel, Mexico before we had kids,
had an amazing time in San Francisco and San Diego after kids,
and been to various amazing places in North Carolina.
.
In the last 8 years,
We have changed countless diapers,
said countless prayers,
and had countless blessings.
.
Baby, I am so, so lucky. I am so grateful for you and all that you do for me. You put up with so much from me, but I feel so grateful that you chose to spend your life on earth (and forever) with me. What a lucky girl I am! I love you so much and I am so glad that we have each other. Thank you so much for holding my hand though everything. You never cease to show your love for me.

Love, me

5 comments:

Danielle said...

The tuxedo fiasco is what Chad and I remember most about your wedding day, too! :) And of course how beautiful you were. And how the cake lady had an accident on the way and went back and redecorated one of the layers of your cake and then brought it back to the church. And that it was awesome that just our family was in the temple together. I felt like we were soooo important. Congratulations on 8 years!

Mom at Our House said...

I remember a lot of the same things on your wedding day. I am really glad we made it in time from Utah. Happy Aniversay

GFMouse said...

qbcongrats this October will be our 8th anniversary as well.

Heather said...

I've been catching up on blogs and just came across yours--I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery! I totally feel your pain when I had mine! Wish we were still there so we could have helped out! Glad you're doing better. By the way, you're so crafty! Thanks for all the fun ideas!

Kristin Jones said...

Happy Anniversary. I can't believe that it's already been 8 years. I remember when it all started!!!