Jell-O and Old Magazines
How many of these do you have just lying around your house? As for me...I guess I'm the typical Mormon with a jello obsession. I've got it in all colors...red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and even a few in between. And the magazines...I've been saving up a few old Friend's for this purpose. It's Lick 'N' Stick Jello Stickers!
My kids love stickers! Kids love things even more if they make it themselves, stickers included.
So, here we go! First, we hone in on fine tuning the motor skills with a little scissor action.


Next, we pull out the little paintbrushes to polish these babies right up! Scissors and paintbrushes in the same activity...it doesn't get much better than that!


Let the kids go to town until they finish up their little cherry flavored jewels.

And just for the record, when it's all quiet at the dining room front...
you might want to check on the little guy.
you might want to check on the little guy.

Let them dry during quiet/nap time. It doesn't take too long for them to become full fledged homemade stickers! The kids could hardly wait to get their hands on them.


I heard lots of "Yummy!" and "Delicious!" coming from their stained, red mouths!
Materials:
1 T jello (any flavor)
2 T boiling water
Paint brush
While you're busy mixing the jello, have the kids sit down with their magazines and cut out whatever pictures they want to use as stickers. Once the jello has cooled down a bit, have them brush some onto the back of each sticker. Let dry. Now they're ready to lick and stick!
6 comments:
My question is how you kept the red jello from spreading all over your house, floor, walls and kept it just on the table and children and stickers? That is a neat trick in and of itself.
Interesting! Where do you get all of these crafty ideas from?
Charlotte--Ha! I'm sure my experience with 2 kids involved is much different than having 6...just my thoughts though! :) Somehow, we did manage to keep it all right at the table though.
Allison--I don't remember where I found this idea. I've done it a few times with the kids, but I found it a long time ago on some kids craft site or something like that.
I am soooooooo doing this!!!
Would you believe we gave all of our jello to Becca yesterday. We never make jello (does that make us bad Mormons) Anyway it sounds fun so maybe we will have to buy a box of jello and try it.
Great idea! I am in need of indoor activities that will keep Emma occupied. This will do quite nicely.
Post a Comment