Monday, July 21, 2008

a monkey wrench.

monkey wrench (noun)--something that interferes with functioning; an obstacle.

I fought it.
I tried to deny it.
I tried to drink it off with water.
I tried to sleep it off.
I went to church with it.
I took 10 showers.
I took the max of Ibuprofen.
I dealt with it for 26 hours before giving in.
I even held an Enrichment committee meeting with it.
I spoke with a GI doc over the phone in hopes of him telling me that I would be okie dokie.
I tried to ignore it.
I was going to just tough it out.
I tried to cry it away
I tried to pray it away
I got a Priesthood blessing.
But alas, it was to no avail. My appendix was seriously angry in there.
I had an Emergency Appendectomy last night around midnight.

I knew it was coming. It's been coming for 10 months and although I wouldn't have chosen to have an appendicitis, my Heavenly Father has truly blessed me to delay the inevitable until after Rest Area had made it to this earth. It was a hard sale to get me to finally go to the ER last night. There's no convenient time for something like this. I have three kids to take care of, one of which is still nursing. I felt like this was a serious monkey wrench. But, in the end, it's all okay. It's over. I'm home. And I am on the road to recovery. Thank you so much to everyone who has already helped and who have offered their love and concern. We are truly blessed.

12 comments:

Allison said...

Oh man! I'm glad you're ok! I once thought I had an appendicitis, but it turned out to be a kidney stone. It still wasn't a pleasurable experience. :oP

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are okay.
We were discussing this morning if you would stick to your goal of Blogging everyday. We all decided that even though you had surgery and should just rest, you would still find time to write a blog.
It looks like we know you well.

Dianna said...

I'm glad you are ok! Take it easy!

Becky said...

Glad that you are doing well and that your appendix waited long enough for rest area to get here. My mom had hers removed when she was 3 months pregnant with me, talk about a bad pregnancy.

Tiffany said...

Becca pretty much stole what I was going to say, so just read hers and apply it to me :)

Charlotte said...

Good luck, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick with kids is the worst because there are no such thing as "sick days".

Brenda said...

Wow, I am glad to hear everything is going better now. I hope you recover quickly, wish we lived closer so we could help out more.

Boyer Family said...

I kind of remember how painful that was (had mine taken out in the 2nd grade). I really can't imagine doing with kids! You know if you guys decided to move to Fuquay I could help out when things like this happen :) Hope you recover really fast.

Kristina said...

Get better soon!! and try to take it as easy as you can!

Trevor and Brooke said...

I had mine out in January and I know what you mean when you try to do anything but give in. I didn't know what mine was and just assumed it would go away. It didn't, but everything went great. I hope you feel better soon!!

Danielle said...

I have to say I am a little disappointed. I was expecting at least some pictures of the hospital room, the Dr. that did the surgery, the hospital food. Did they confiscate your camera? (of course I am just kidding). I hope you recover quickly! I love you!

Troop 220 said...

I'm glad all is well. I also love that you are still blogging. I enjoy reading the great things that happen at your house.