Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cake.

I love, love, love to decorate cakes! It's a form of art that is really fun to me and one that I have great memories of as a child. My mom always made and decorated themed cakes for us when I was growing up. And so, part of me has always looked forward to making my kids' birthday cakes for them. Since Roundabout was born, I have come to learn that I love planning kids' birthday parties and I love making the accompanying cake.

My little girl turns five years old today. I can't tell who was more excited for this year's party:
A Princess Tea Party complete with petit fours, crudites, and more.

We waffled over what kind of cake would best fit her celebration. But when I found these, I looked no further. Thank you Wilton cake company. They were super easy, but look so

Afterwards, I always feel like an artist who created a grandiose

3 comments:

Haylee said...

They turned out perfect! Mmm...they look delicious too. Wanna send one my way? :)

Mom at Our House said...

happy BDay sweetie

Angelfish said...

these are beautiful! I have another birthday party to do next week and these cakes would be perfect. (Can I steal ANOTHER idea from you? - the spongeballs were a big hit at Olivia's pool party - but I don't think I did them quite right) Would you mind sending me any info you have on these pretty cakes? Thanks!