Friday, August 15, 2008

Girls and Boys.

Well, it's been a very long time coming...but I believe that we have finally convinced Roundabout that Kindergarten will be a good thing. I may go as far as to whisper when she's nowhere around to hear, "She's even excited about it."

Roundabout: Hey Mom, when I go to Kindergarten, will there be some days that Dad doesn't have to go to school but I do have to go?
Me: Well, not often, but maybe a couple.
Roundabout: Hmm.
Me: (thinking that she was worried about missing out on something fun) Don't worry. We'll wait for you to come home to go and do fun things.
Roundabout: Well, do you know what that means?
Me: No, what?
Roundabout: If I'm not home, you will be left alone at home with 3 boys!! 1 girl and 3 boys!!!
Me: Yeah, I guess you're right.
Roundabout: What will you do with yourself?!?
Me: (chuckling) Oh man...I'm not sure...
Roundabout: I guess you'll stay busy if you have to take care of 3 boys without me!

The sad part is...I am SO going to miss having her home!

4 comments:

Stephers said...

I feel the same way- I am really going to miss my daughter too. And I will also be left at home (rarely) with 3 boys. Can we really be this old to be moms of kindergarteners?

Jason and Lisa said...

Good luck with Kindergarten. I am excited for Ryan to start school in a year, but at the same time I know I will miss him so much. I will probably cry the first week he is gone. Good luck! That was sweet of Kylie to think of you home by yourself with the boys.

Rhonda said...

She is such a thoughtful young lady.

Anonymous said...

did she realize even if dad isn't home, you will still be stuck at home with all boys? Welcome to my world!