Sunday, August 24, 2008

Street Festival.

Things are so much more laid back and enjoyable on a Friday night when Straight Arrow doesn't have to work on Saturday. It's all a mental thing, but it's true. This Saturday was one of the first Saturdays in a long time that he hasn't had to work. So, true to form, we had a really fun Friday night.

We moseyed down to Chapel Hill's Locally Grown street festival. I wasn't expecting too much...and in all reality, there wasn't much there. But, it was so much fun! Despite the fact that my camera's batteries died midway through and I couldn't capture every moment of our time there, it was all-in-all a great time!

I think we all agree, the best part of the night was the free
Roundabout knew exactly what she wanted when she hopped up in the chair. "I'd like a flower on my cheek just like I had the last time I had my face painted." The painter asked her if it was okay if the flower covered her eye to which Roundabout replied a definite, "No. I want it on my cheek." Painter and paintee went head to head on the matter, going round and round on the grounds of where to place the flower. Roundabout won.

So, when Green Light hopped up and announced that he would be having a tiger, the painter didn't bother asking this time. She went right to work painting his face as she pleased. I was a bit shocked when I looked over the first time to see
But in the end, I'd have to say that both face-masterpieces turned out to be very
Green Light and his buddy, Brody, went around the rest of the evening roaring and hissing at random strangers, including the 9-foot juggler on stilts.

By the end of the night, they were worn out and ready for bed...but not before I could change my batteries and get just one more shot!

4 comments:

Haylee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! How cute is that little tiger?!

Anonymous said...

That is a really good job with the face painting. I can't believe that was free.

Tiffany said...

This is just a general comment for the last two weeks of posts. I went through and read all of them today (I didn't bring my computer with me to New York or I would've kept up on my reading) and they're all adorable and fun and you guys are all adorable and fun.

Also, I think mom loves Kylie's wedding dress more than Kylie does. She's very proud that her money bought it.

Charlotte said...

That has to be the BEST face painting EVER. Why do I always get the 10 year old girl helping her mom paint (and probably doing a better job)?