Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Who was the babysitter then?"

Monday night is our Family Night, a night that we always set aside each week to spend time with just us. It's grand and we love it! The kids look forward to it and hope that it's Monday night every night.

Last night, we indulged the kids with their all-time favorite Family Home Evening lesson. It's a lesson I created a long time ago about "How our family can to be". It's a super simple lesson that includes a bunch of magnetic pictures of us that tell the story of our family. It starts out with Utah and North Carolina, a little boy and a little girl with their families. It shows them growing up, meeting at BYU, dating, getting married in the temple, and then having the addition of each of the children.

Last night as I was recounting the story I said, "Daddy came home from his mission in Mexico and met Mommy at BYU. We started going on dates together and fell in love."
Green Light stopped in his tracks and said, "Who was the babysitter then?"

Hmm. I guess that would be Heavenly Father in this case.
What an interesting thought.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

What a cute lesson and adorable question! It is always great to know they are actually thinking about what you're saying!!

Becky Rasmussen said...

There is evidence galore of what a wonderful dedicated mommy you are, Gina. There's just one problem, you're the one taking all the photos. You better tell Straight Arrow to start snapping shots of his amazing bride so his friends and family can view the face of his incredibly talented wife1

Rhonda said...

I think part of the time I was the babysitter.

Anonymous said...

he is a thinker. That was a good question

Gina said...

Rhonda...I am totally confused by your comment. How were you the babysitter when we didn't even have kids?

Gina said...

Becky...I told him and well, he said he'd try to be better! ;) Thanks for the compliment though.