
Yesterday, I went for my post-operative appointment for my appendectomy. I was planning on it being quick and easy since I have been up and at 'em for two weeks now...and it was. But, I feel that I should publicly thank my Heavenly Father for His tender mercies. When the pathology report came back on my sickly appendix, it showed that my appendix was already perforated at the time of surgery. Any more delay in waiting to go to the hospital, in the Emergency Room taking any longer than it did, or a whole slew of things that could have delayed my surgery could have cost me my life. A ruptured appendix is so dangerous and the infection is life threatening. When an appendix ruptures, the infected contents of the appendix spill into the abdomen, causing a serious infection of the abdomen called peritonitis.
I feel so blessed to have a worthy husband who holds the Priesthood, the opportunity I had to be given a Priesthood blessing, and the willingness and promptings I had to finally give in and go to the hospital when I did.
I am so blessed.
4 comments:
Wow, that is really scary. Glad that the appendix got out in the nick of time.
I am so glad you were protected. How scary!
We are also truly blessed. What would I do without my favorite daughter-in-law? You still hold the title until Gary gets married then I can't have favorites anymore.
I am so glad you are safe.
Post a Comment