Addiction.
Hello, my name is Share the Road and I have an addiction. I have the courage to admit it, finally. I am addicted to couponing. Just when I think I should back off and not always be on the prowl for the next deal, it strikes again. I have flashbacks of actually getting paid money from the cashier at the grocery store, memories of the rush of getting a cart of groceries for free, and enjoyment out of basically having my own grocery store in my pantry. I've tried to quit...to put it down...but the addiction is just too strong.
And then came Triple Coupons at Harris Teeter this week. My my my! Ladies and Gentlemen, if you aren't a believer, then I'll make a believer out of you yet. So far in the past two days, I have spent a total of $13 out of pocket for $170 worth of groceries! How absolutely amazing is that?! Is it on things that you'll actually use, you say? Is it on healthy foods, you ask? Are you spending money on things you normally wouldn't buy, you wonder?
Well, try this for starters...

12 canisters of Lysol disinfecting wipes
1 10-pound Boston Butt Pork Roast
3 bottles Coffeemate (I haven't gone apostate...Hot Cocoa recipes call for this!)
1 box chocolate covered pretzels (random, I know...but it's for Green Light's birthday cake)
4 boxes Quaker Chewy Granola Bars
4 packs of Mott's Apple sauce
3 Hungry Jack syrup
2 Martha White muffin mix
2 Betty Crocker cookie mix
2 Betty Crocker brownie mix
3 Dole mandarin oranges
4 bags Old El Paso tortillas
1 canister Quaker Quick Oats
2 cans Carnation Evaporated milk
3 Shout stain removers
4 packs Yoplait kids yogurts
2 boxes Uncrustables sandwiches
2 tubes Colgate toothpaste
1 Suave shampoo
1 Suave conditioner
3 Butler toothbrushes
3 Johnson's Scrub Buddies soap
...all for $13
...thanks Dianna for sharing coupons
...what a wonderful blessing from our Heavenly Father
...thanks Dianna for sharing coupons
...what a wonderful blessing from our Heavenly Father
13 comments:
I'm jealous! I like coupons but I don't believe I have ever received enough to get a deal like that!
I have heard these great stories... too bad Utah stores don't double or triple coupons! I would totally do that too.
Adam HATES triple coupon days at Harris Teeter! Especially when they include Sundays, because the store can't predict what coupons will be in the Sunday paper. He says they run out of stuff all the time. I gotta say I feel for him!
I got to the store at 9:45am on Thursday morning and had 10 items on my list they were out of (4 of them the free items). ARGGGGH!!!! I did get some great deals though. I wish I had someone to give me extra coupons so I could increase my savings. -Danielle (I just saw Chad was signed in and I am not retypng my comment. Sorry).
I am jealous guess I should move to North Carolina.
You should go hang out with my two NC sisters. They are always getting those deals amd have their "free stuff" closets well stocked. I keep thinking I will try, then put it off. At least up here I'm not missing out on triple coupon deals- they don't exist.
Now I know what happened to all the lysol wipes at the store!
Actually, as a courteous couponer myself, I only bought 4 things of wipes from 3 different stores. So hey, no blaming it on me!
That is so awesome, so where do you get all the coupons? How do you find out about double and triple coupon days?I really want to know so can you email me the answers?
SO AMAZING!!!! I have got to get into it.
I was loving triple coupons myself. It seems we got about the same deals. I spent $12 out of pocket for $190 worth of groceries! I loved every second of it, it was like Christmas!
please email me your secrets. Do you join one of those online groups and trade or what??
You would be so proud of me, I finally joined the Grocery Game and am loving it! Unfortunately down here they don't have any triple coupon stores like good ol' Harris Teeter. It is totally getting to be an addiction, and I just got started!
Post a Comment