Sunday, September 28, 2008

All is well in Zion.

This has been the lamest blogging week I've had in a long time...even worse than the appendicitis week, I believe. Hopefully this will be my last pictureless post for a while. :) I do have some catching up to do this coming week.

My last post has elicited quite the response and so I think I should do a little follow-up.
  1. I am feeling better. After calming down for a few days now, I've realized that everything is okay and everything is going to be okay! Now that I can think a little more clearly now, I've come to realize that this month has been one of the craziest in a long time. I've been bombarded with a lot of things that don't normally happen in one given month (ie. teaching at Stake Women's Day, birthdays, losing our job offer in Hickory, preparing for our Quarterly Enrichment, a million meetings, getting my fun cooking class up and going, starting Kindergarten, dealing with Kindergarten, and volunteering to be the Room Parent). And so, after watching Elder Uchtdorf last night in the amazing Relief Society General Broadcast, I feel much, much better! I felt the Spirit so strong last night and it gave me the confirmation to know that "everything is okay". It was very rejuvenating.
  2. Roundabout is okay too. After a long first month of school, she is adjusting much better to her new routine, although she is still sad a lot of time about leaving home. Once she's there, she enjoys it a lot. There's been one minor/major setback though...that is a bully who has been slightly terrorizing my sweet little girl. She has endured being kicked once, pulled off of the monkey bars, numerous verbally hurtful comments, and the final straw this week was being slapped by the bully. Luckily, I was able to contact her teacher and Roundabout has been moved away from the bully and the latter half of the week was the best yet for her. Hopefully, it only goes up from here!
  3. We have been blessed with a couple of different job opportunities that we're looking into now. Although it's been sad to let the idea of Hickory go, it's also been fun this past week to throw around other ideas and places to live. I love researching this kind of thing and I've found that I think I could fall in love with living just about anywhere.
  4. I have wonderful friends! One little blog post elicited so many friends offering help, taking my kids to give me a break, advice, and just words of encouragement. Thank you so much!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I thought about you during the last talk. I am lad you found it comforting, too. It was also an answer to one of my prayers. I love you and think you are amazing!

Abby said...

Sounds like a rough week! I'm sure things will work out, probably even better than you planned. The Lord seems to have a way of doing that. :)

Rhonda said...

Sorry you have been so overwhelmed. You really need to take some time for yourself. Sanity is important. I am glad things are better.

Anonymous said...

You know, I hear Vancouver Washington is an awesome place to live. Have you looked into job opportunities there?

Dianna said...

You have a great attitude! I loved the part when you said, "I think I could fall in love with living just about anywhere." (It reminds me a lot of a story my stake president told me the day I left for my mission. I'll have to tell you later.) You are such a great example to me and I will miss you so much when you leave! Are there any spots available in our area?