Remember this?

I do. I do. All too well. I fell in love with this place. It's perfect. It only had one downfall; it's farther from the temple than we'd like. But other than that, it's so beautiful. I've spent a fair amount of time researching schools, activities, housing, stores, shopping...well, basically everything I could think of to research. I loved this place!
The long awaited day of Orthodontic practice negotiation came on Friday. It came and went. And when the day was over, we no longer have a business opportunity there. It all came crashing down like a house made of cards.
The strange thing about the situation is this: I still love Hickory. I still think it'd be a wonderful place to live. But I feel pretty much at peace with it. We have no idea where we will end up in 8 months (but Straight Arrow is going to try his hardest to end up close to the temple). But, I just have confirmation that everything is okay.
Doctrine and Covenants 101:16: ...be still, and know that I am God.
Doctrine and Covenants 121: My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment.
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows the end from the beginning. I am grateful that even though we felt so strongly that we should pursue this opportunity in Hickory, Heavenly Father was preparing us for something else, to learn something from this experience, and still has a different plan in store for us.
4 comments:
Hang in there! We've been in similar situations a couple of times - it stinks! But trust in HIM to send you where He needs you most. (and in the meantime dream of maybe one day having a getaway cabin in Hickory!)
I'm so sorry to hear about that. I know that you were really looking forward to Hickory. I hate the unknown, but once it is all over, you will feel so comfortable with where you are SUPPOSED to be.
We will be praying for your family. And selfishly praying that maybe your answer will be closer to us. (If it is the Lord's will, of course).
I am grateful for your faith in the Lord. I know all will be well for you.
Post a Comment